Normally I pretty much just list everything I posted this month in case you missed anything, but this is a good time to go over some important updates.
Firstly, I posted a review for Steel Crow Saga last week. I posted it right when the allegations of his harassment of women, specifically Black women, came to light. I was not aware of it when I was reading the book or when I posted the review, but I am aware now. I will be leaving the review up, though I have added a note to saying that I don’t in any way support him. I will not be promoting his book in any way in the future, nor will I be reading his other works.
This next update is on a slightly lighter note. From now on, I will be trying to add content warnings to the books I review. This is something I’ve thought about a lot and in the past, I’ve had vocal opinions about how books should have content warnings. Since that isn’t likely to become standard procedure in publishing, I want to do my part in providing content warnings for books that could potentially help people. If there is something specific you would like to see content warnings for, please let me know! I will be making a list of content warnings that I’m going to check each book against. This is something I care a lot about, so I want to do well, but of course, I know I will make mistakes. If you can think of any content warnings that I have missed on a review, let me know and I will add it! I want to make sure that this is as helpful to as many people as possible. I will be posting a list of all the content warnings somewhere on my blog (don’t know where yet), but I will make an update post about it when I do!
Books I Read This Month
- Good Girl, Bad Blood (A Good Girl’s Guide To Murder #2) by Holly Jackson (5⭐)
- Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After #2) by Tessa Dare (3⭐)
- When A Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After #3) by Tessa Dare (4⭐)
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell (4⭐)
- Steel Crow Saga by Paul Krueger (4⭐)
- ATLA: The Promise (4⭐)
- Under a Dancing Star by Laura Wood (5⭐)
- The Boyfriend Project by Farrah Rochon (4⭐)
Other Posts from June
- Most Likely by Sarah Watson (4⭐)
- A Tour of My Book Notebook!
- Romance Recommendations
- Anticipated Summer 2020 Releases!
- Felix Ever After by Kacen Callendar
- The Boyfriend Project by Farrah Rochon
- The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy #3) by S.A. Chakraborty
- The Silence of Bones by June Hur
- The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth Trilogy #1) by N.K. Jemison
- House of Danger (CYOA #6) by R.A. Montgomery
Yes, I bought a Choose Your Own Adventure book and I highly recommend getting one if you need something light and fun to lift your spirits! It was such a good purchase. Also, I ordered a bunch of books by Black authors from a Black owned bookstore at the beginning of the month, but all of the books I ordered are backordered. I am really looking forward to them, but if them being backordered means that so many people are buying them, I don’t mind waiting!
What book did you buy this month that you are the most excited about?