I have read 18 books released this year! I thought it would be fun to round what I think are the best and worst releases so far this year. I was going to take pictures of all of them until I realized that I’ve already gotten rid of five of them!
THE GOD TIER
- On The Come Up by Angie Thomas
- The Wicked King by Holly Black
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
THE BEST BOOK
The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
What can I say, I just really loved this book! It had all the best elements to it. For a lot of books, I’ll initially enjoy it, but when I look back on it, I think it was just okay. The opposite happened with this book! I loved it when I finished it and I love it even more now. I recommend it to anyone I’m visiting a bookstore with and I lovingly caress it as I walk by. It’s that good!
THE GOOD TIER
These books are definitely worth reading as well! Most of them made me feel a lot of things, but they were just missing something.
- Romanov by Nadine Brandes
- Somewhere Only We Know by Maurene Goo
- Lady Smoke by Laura Sebastian
- Echo North by Joanna Ruth Meyer
- Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey
THE NOT GOOD TIER
I just want to say that I personally do not like these books. That does not mean they are bad books. Some of them were honestly just forgettable.
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne
- We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
- The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See
- The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
THE WORST BOOK
Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye
I just did not like this book. It was messy and stuff came out of nowhere with no lead up. The chapters were oddly really short and characters didn’t have believable motivations. I can put a lot of this aside if the plot was interesting, but I just didn’t care.
What are your favorite and least favorite of 2019 releases so far?