1. The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3) by Brandon Sanderson
I didn’t end up writing a review for this one because I felt like I couldn’t really talk about it without spoilers, but I really loved it! I thought it was such a great conclusion to this part of the Mistborn books. (5⭐)
2. The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
Reading this book was my goal for April! I really loved it 🤩. I thought the plot was so unique and refreshing. (5⭐)
3. Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Another amazing book! Taylor Jenkins Reid has this quality to her storytelling that makes everything so real, and it makes me feel so many things. I really love both of her books that I’ve read so far, so I have high hopes for the rest. (5⭐)
4. The Alloy of Law (Mistborn: Wax and Wayne #1) by Brandon Sanderson
I knew this was going to be different than the other Mistborn books, but I really wasn’t expecting this! I love the interesting cast of characters and I thought this book was genuinely funny, I usually never laugh out loud while reading, but this made me laugh multiple times. I think I am going to wait and review these as a series, since they are pretty short (comparatively). (5⭐)
5. A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by V.E. Schwab
I have a full review of this coming later this week, but I was disappointed to say the least. This series was just not for me. (3⭐)
I’ll be the first to admit that I bought too many books.
- The Alloy of Law, Shadows of Self, The Bands of Mourning, Elantris, and The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
- Mirror Sight and Firebrand by Kristen Britain
- The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
- The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See
- Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn
- The Night that Changed Everything by Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice
- Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu
- Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik (not pictured)
Anticipated May Releases
There are an alarming number of exciting releases in May!
- Romanov by Nadine Brandes (May 7th)
- Somewhere Only We Know by Maurene Goo (May 7th)
- The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient #2) by Helen Hoang (May 7th)
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuinston (May 14th)
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren (May 14th)
- Kingsbane (Empirium #2) by Claire Legrand (May 21st)
I’m super excited about all of these! I’ve been needing some good romance lately, and I think I’ll get it in May!
All of the books I read this month are adult! Four of them are fantasy and one is contemporary. I read a total of 2,889 pages, which is over a thousand less than my monthly average. I read five books, which is half of my monthly average. However, my average rating this month was 4.6, where my average overall is 3.8.